A solar-powered heater for the shed will be the best investment you can make if you want to save money on heating your shed. In fact, this is one of the best ways to keep your shed warm in the winter months without electricity. Sheds are often cold in the winter and this can be a real pain. You may not need a heat pump, but you do need a way to heat your shed. A solar-powered heater works by absorbing the sun’s energy and then transferring that heat into the air inside your shed.
I have made a list of the 5 best solar-powered heating systems by researching dozens of products and spending hundreds of hours.
You can buy one of the portable solar heaters that will fit in a shed and provide enough heat to warm up the space. Or you can get an entire solar system with all the necessary components. You can also install one of these systems in your own backyard and enjoy the added benefits of a solar-heated shed or garage.
How To Choose The Best Solar Powered Heater For Your Shed – Buying Guide
There are many different types of solar-powered heaters available on the market, ranging from small portable units to large stationary units that can be built into a shed or garage. Most of these solar-powered heaters will have a limited amount of power and energy storage capacity. This means they won’t be able to heat your shed for very long without the sun coming out and making them work.
When you’re buying a solar-powered heater, you need to consider what you plan on using it for.
You are here this means you want to heat your shed, then you should go with a model that offers the highest wattage output. For example, a model with a 1000w output will be able to heat a room of about 400 square feet.
However, if you plan on using your heater to keep your pool warm, you’ll want to look for a model with a lower output, such as a 750w heater. This way, the heater won’t consume so much energy and you won’t have to worry about running out of electricity.
Solar Panel Type
The type of solar panel you choose will depend on how often you use your heater, what kind of heat you want to generate, and whether you want to invest in a rechargeable or non-rechargeable model.
There are three main types of solar panels you’ll find on the market – monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin film.
Monocrystalline panels are the most expensive but offer the best performance. They also produce more heat than the other two types.
Polycrystalline panels are cheaper than monocrystalline panels but still offer great performance.
Thin-Film panels are the least expensive but aren’t as efficient as the others.
- Flat-panel type
This type of solar panel is the most common and most affordable. They are typically made of glass and use a small amount of power to run the heater. These panels also have a limited life span, as they only last about 10 years. However, the warranty on flat-panel heaters tends to be very good.
- Inverted-panel type
These are generally more durable than flat-panel heaters, and also have a wider angle of coverage. Inverted-panel heaters can be found on more expensive models.
You’ll want to consider how portable you need your solar heater to be. For example, if you plan on moving your mattress into a new space, you’ll want to consider whether you want to take your solar heater with you or not.
When you’re buying a solar-powered heater, you need to consider how safe it is.
Some models come with safety features such as an automatic shut-off, while others don’t. If you’re not sure which type of heater you want to get, then look for a model that comes with a safety feature.
5 Best Solar Powered Heaters For Shed Reviews
If you have a small garden or a big shed, these heaters will make your life easier. If you are looking for the best solar-powered heater for your shed, then this article will help you make the right decision. Let’s dive into the review:
1. BERDEYYD Solar Powered Heater,Heater Camping In Tent Space Heater For Office Energy Efficient Heaters Heater For Camping In Tent Lunch Heater Portable Propane Heaters For Indoor Use
No products found.
This portable solar panel heater is very easy to use, and it doesn’t require much maintenance. It comes with a thermostat that makes sure you don’t burn yourself when you touch the heater.
There’s also a safety protection system that shuts down the heater if you accidentally knock it over, so you won’t be left without warmth. It comes in a convenient carrying case and has an adjustable thermostat that will keep you comfortable.
It’s one of the best heaters for small spaces, and you can use it in your car, on the patio, or in your shed. It’s safe, reliable, and easy to use, and I definitely recommend it for people who are looking for something small.
This portable solar panel heater is made from high-quality materials, so it won’t break easily or fade in the sunlight. It’s also very durable, and it’ll last for many years on your roof.
The company offers a 3-year warranty that covers any damage or defects. They also have a lifetime warranty that covers the heating element.
- My Opinion
I love how this heater can be used in the sun, but still, be able to provide enough heat in the winter. It’s perfect for those times when you’re too lazy to heat your pool, and you want to stay warm at the same time.
This heater is perfect for anyone who wants to get rid of their pool pump and save some money in the process. You can even use it with a portable air compressor, which will give you more options. It’s a great way to enjoy a little bit of summertime without spending a fortune.
It doesn’t come with an AC adapter, so you’ll have to buy that separately.
2. Go Power! GP-PSK-130 130W Portable Folding Solar Kit with 10 Amp Solar Controller
- Includes carrying case
- 130 Watts of power 6.9 ampere DC per hour
- Built in 10 ampere solar controller.Rated current:6.7 A.Rated DC voltage:19.7 V
- 25 year - SAE & XLR-style solar plug adapter
- Includes carrying case
My second top pick comes from Go Power!, a company that offers a wide range of solar products for homeowners and businesses. The Go Power! GP-PSK-130 130W Portable Folding Solar Kit with 10 Amp Solar Controller is one of the best solar kits on the market. It’s a top-quality product that you can trust, and it’ll give you years of reliable, cost-efficient heating.
This solar powered heater will keep your shed warm all year round and provide the perfect environment for storing your gardening tools and equipment. You can even use it to heat up your pool, which is an added bonus.
You can use this system to power all sorts of devices that are connected to it, including lights, lamps, computers, radios, fans, and even pool pumps, heaters as well. It’s perfect for powering your outdoor lights and other appliances around the pool and spa area, and it can even be used for charging devices in your backyard.
The kit includes a carrying case, so you can take it anywhere without worry.
The solar controller is built-in, and it’s made from high-quality materials. It has a 25-year warranty and is backed by a full 1-year warranty against defects.
It comes with a 10-year limited warranty, which covers the solar panel and the solar controller.
If you want a high-quality, long-lasting solar kit, then this is the one you need. This portable solar kit will give you years of reliable, cost-efficient heating.
3. WEIZE 200 Watt 12 Volt Solar Panel Starter Kit, High Efficiency Monocrystalline PV Module for Boat, Caravan, RV and Other Off Grid
- High Efficiency: WEIZE solar panel is constructed with high-performance Monocrystalline solar cells that offer higher efficiency up to 21% than Polycrystalline in bright weather condition, it provides a long service life and is virtually maintenance free.
- Durable: The anodized aluminum frames, tempered glass and sealed junction box make the solar panel corrosion-resistant and weatherproof for superior outdoor performance.
- Versatile: The industrial-standard solar panel features 36.4" x 26.8" x 1.2" size, 2.6ft cable with connectors, produces 300-600Wh a day, generates 5.3 amp power, charges 12 volt battery, ideal for RV's, cabins, sheds, remote locations and other small power generation needs.
- Installation Ready: Equipped with all necessary accessories that include: 1*30A PWM charger controller (intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.) , 1 pair 20ft extension cables, 1 pair of 8ft battery tray cable, 1 set mount brackets and screws (Battery and inverter are NOT included).
- Warranty: WEIZE 200W solar panel starter kit aims for quality followed up with quality customer service directly provided by manufacturer. A satisfied solution will be given for ANY of your problems. Our support team is on standby for YOU.
Weize is a reliable company that has been around for a long time, and has made some of the best products out there. They make top-quality solar panels that are durable and offer a lot of power to their users.
The WEIZE 200 Watt Solar Panel Starter Kit comes with a 300-600Wh solar panel that generates 5.3 amps of power. It’s ideal for RV’s, cabins, sheds, remote locations and other small power generation needs.
The solar panel is made with high-efficiency monocrystalline PV cells, so it can produce more electricity in bright weather than polycrystalline panels. This is why it has a higher efficiency rate, which is about 21% higher than regular polycrystalline panels. It’s the most efficient solar panel that you can buy right now.
With this high-efficiency, solar panel, you can expect to get a significant amount of energy for your money. It’s a great option if you want to go off-grid, or use it as a portable power supply for other devices.
The solar panel is made with high-efficiency monocrystalline PV cells, so it can produce more electricity in bright weather than polycrystalline panels. This is why it has a higher efficiency rate, which is about 21% higher than regular polycrystalline panels.
Solar panels are typically installed on the roof of your house or shed, but if you’re looking for something portable, then the Weize 200W solar panel is perfect. It’ll produce up to 600Wh of power per day, and it has enough power to charge 12V batteries and other devices.
The warranty is pretty good too. You can call WEIZE directly, and they’ll replace any broken or defective parts within a year. If your solar panel breaks down after a year, they’ll send you a replacement.
- My Opinion
Overall, we love the Weize 200W solar panel. It’s a great option for off-grid power generation, and it’s a great value for the money.
4. Renogy 200 Watt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase, 200W Panel-20A Controller
- 【Plug and play solar kit 】complete kit includes a 200W solar suitcase, a 20A waterproof Voyager charge controller, and alligator clips. Compatible with multiple kinds of 12V batteries, easily add to your existing system.
- 【Remarkable efficiency】Renogy solar panels using grade A+ monocrystalline solar cells. Advanced smart PWM technology charge controllers ensure charging efficiency and safety.
- 【Foldable design】provide more flexible for outdoor and off-grid use, easy to carry, store and set up.
- 【Safety guarantee】Advanced smart PWM technology charge controller with multiple protections, ensure charging efficiency and safety.
- 【Reailable quality】coming with a premium rugged canvas protective case. Bypass Diodes installed inside the junction boxes avoid the effects caused by hot spots, minimize power drop.
The Renogy 200 Watt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase has a lightweight design, which makes it easy to carry around. It’s made from aluminum and can be folded for storage or storage in your car.
It’s ideal for camping trips or any location where you need heating but there is no electricity available, as you can fold it up for easy transport. It’s also compatible with gel, sealed, Lithium, and flooded batteries.
The Renogy 200 Watt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase has a protective casing, which adds to its durability. It can withstand the elements and harsh weather, and is resistant to corrosion.
The included charge controller is designed to protect the battery, so it’ll keep your battery in good shape. The controller also provides overcharge protection, reducing Fire risk.
There are two clips included, which allow you to use this panel with an RV, boat, trailer, etc. The low-voltage system avoids electrical shock hazards. The 200 Watt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase is one of the best portable solar panels for a small space, and it’s pretty affordable too.
5. DOKIO 110w 18v Portable Foldable Solar Panel Kit (21x28inch, 5.9lb) Solar Charger With Controller 2 Usb Output To Charge 12v Batteries/Power Station (AGM, Lifepo4) Rv Camping Trailer Emergency Power
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT AND ULTRA-THIN FOR EASIER MOVING】-- This solar panel packs 110W of power yet is only 0.5inch (1.2cm) thick and weighs only 6lb (2.7kg),Foldable Dimension:21*20*1inch (54*50*2.4cm), making it easier to transport, hang, and remove.
- 【PERFECT CHOICE FOR OUTDOOR AND EMERGENCY LIFE】-- 9.85ft (3m) cable length from panel to controller, For most power stations (Jackery,Goal Zero,Ecoflow,Paxcess) and 12-volt batteries(AGM,LiFePo4,Deep cycle batteries),RV,car,boat,trailer,truck,pumpa,camping,van,emergency power
- 【COMPLETE KIT，WORKS OUT OF THE BOX 】-- Smart PWM charging Intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.Integrated 5V 2A USB ports to charge phones USB devices.If you use the built-in MPPT Power Station, you don't need to connect the attached PWM controller.
- 【AFFORDABLE AND HIGH CONVERSION EFFICIENCY】-- With high efficiency monocrystalline solar cell, you will get greater power efficiency even though the panel is smaller than a traditional model.Maximizes system output by reducing mismatch loss.
- 【QUICK DELIVERY+WARRANTY】-- Amazon US warehouse shipping, Receive goods in time，All DOKIO products come with a 30-day money back Guarantee, 1-year warranty and forever support from DOKIO customer care.
This is a fantastic panel for RVing and camping for sheds as well.
It’s incredibly light weight and folds up into a very compact package, making it perfect for packing. It’s designed to be a standalone panel, but if you want to use it as part of a battery bank or other power source, it’s compatible with Jackery, Goal Zero, Ecoflow, Paxcess, and most 12-volt batteries.
The panel also has 9.85ft (3m) of cable which is enough to reach from the panel to the controller.
The panel is rated at 200W, and while that’s not a lot, it’s enough to charge your phone and other USB devices, even if they’re not designed for solar. It’s also rated for reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current, which makes it a safe investment.
The only downside to this panel is that it doesn’t come with an installation kit, so you’ll have to buy one separately. If you don’t want to install it yourself, you can buy the whole package from Amazon.
We have covered the various aspects of the solar-powered heater for the shed above and have also helped you in selecting the most suitable one for your needs. Now you should be able to select a high-quality solar heater for the shed by reading the above-mentioned products.
I highly recommend that you select the product from Go Power, Renogy, or WEIZE.